Xiamen University Master’s and PhD MOFCOM Scholarships, China: The Ministry of Commerce of the People’s Republic of China and emerging nations are welcoming understudies to apply for the MOFCOM Scholarships at Xiamen University in China for the scholastic year 2022-2023.
This grant is expected to draw in high-potential understudies who need to seek after English-showed aces and Ph.D. programs at Xiamen University.
Xiamen University, colloquially known as Xia Da, is a national public research university in Xiamen, Fujian, China. The University has serious areas of strength for a workforce and staff that give a genuinely complete scope of instructive projects to the understudies. XMU effectively takes part in return programs and cooperative examination projects and consistently has worldwide symposia to broaden the abilities of its understudies.
Requirements Criteria for Scholarship:
To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Be a citizen of a developing country other than the People’s Republic of China and under the age of 45;
- be healthy physically and mentally with a physical examination report issued by a local public hospital, and not having any disease or situation listed below:
- Diseases prohibited by Chinese Entry-Exit Inspection and Quarantine Laws and Regulations.
- Other severe chronic diseases like high blood pressure, cardio-cerebrovascular disease, diabetes; psychological diseases; or other infectious diseases which may harm public health
- In the recovery period after major surgery or acute disease attacks
- Severe physically challenged
Benefits of Scholarship:
The University will provide the following:
- Students are exempt from tuition fees, teaching material fees, research and survey fees, allowance of English-taught program, dissertation guidance fees;
- Free on-campus accommodation;
- Monthly stipend:
- 36000RMB per year per master’s student,
- 42000RMB per year per Ph.D. student;
- One-off resettlement fee: 3000RMB per person;
- Free medical insurance for international students;
- One-time round-trip international airfare for all the students, and a maximum of “n-1.”
- The annual review is compulsory for all students. Those who pass the review may continue to enjoy full scholarships in the next year.
- Other expenses shall be managed and used by the Ministry of Commerce or the universities and shall not be distributed to students. The Ministry of Commerce only provides students with financial assistance within their enrolled academic duration. Students who postpone their graduation will not receive the continuing sponsorship.
How to Apply for Scholarship:
- Students must apply online to the program at the university online portal. Then, visit www.campuschina.org, click “Scholarship Application for Students”) and printed the hard copy.
- Students must have to submit the following:
- Photocopy of the highest diploma
- Photocopy of highest diploma
- Photocopy of academic transcripts
- A Study Plan or Research Proposal, plus a resume including the educational background and working experience after high school; Applicants for entry to the School of Economics or Wang Yanan Institute for Studies in Economics should complete the attached Study Plan Form for their Master’s Program Application.
- Two recommendation letters, including one from the current employer and one from an academic perspective
- Physical Examination Record for Inbound Travellers
- Photocopy of a valid regular passport.
- Certificate of No Criminal Records
- Students must hold a previous degree certificate.
- Applicants have to submit the English proficiency certificate; (a TOEFL iBT certificate with a score of 80 or above, or an IELTS certificate with an overall score of 6.0 or above. Applicants who have taken all courses in English during their bachelor’s degree studies are exempt from this requirement, but a medium-of-instruction certificate from the University should be furnished. Native English speakers are exempt from this requirement.)