Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council Postdoctoral Fellowships Program, Canada 2022/2023 is open for Domestic Students. The scholarship allows Fellowship, Ph.D. level program(s) in the field of All Subjects taught at Canada Universities. The deadline for the scholarship is 17 Oct 2022. Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council Postdoctoral Fellowships Program, Canada 2022/2023 is available to undertake Fellowship, Ph.D. level programs at Canada Universities.
Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada is offering the Postdoctoral Fellowships (PDF) program to provide support to the most promising researchers at a pivotal time in their careers.
The Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada is the major federal agency responsible for funding natural sciences and engineering research in Canada. NSERC directly funds university professors and students as well as Canadian companies to perform research and training.
Requirements Criteria for Scholarship:
To be considered eligible for support, as of the deadline date of the year in which you apply, you must
- be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada or a protected person under subsection 95(2) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (Canada), as of the application deadline
- hold or expect to hold a doctorate in one of the fields of research that NSERC supports
- you can submit a maximum of one scholarship (Master’s or Doctoral) or fellowship application per academic year to either NSERC, CIHR, or SSHRC
- you must not have already received a postdoctoral award (including a Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship) from NSERC, CIHR, or SSHRC
- you must have completed all requirements of your doctoral degree no more than two years before September 1 of the year in which you apply not: This is not the conferred or convocation date indicated on your transcript but, instead, the date on which all the requirements of your degree were met, including the successful defense and submission of the corrected copy of your thesis. If you have more than one doctoral degree, the completion date of your most recent doctoral degree will be used to determine your eligibility. Exceptions to the doctoral degree completion eligibility period are granted only if you meet one or more of the following criteria:
- If you have acquired at least six months of full-time relevant employment in industry or government (experience in an academic institution or its affiliated hospitals, research institutions, and other laboratories will not be considered) after you received your doctorate, NSERC will extend the eligibility period to three years.
- If you have completed a non-research-based clinical residency program after you received your doctorate, NSERC will extend the eligibility period to three years.
- If within two years following the date of completion of your Ph.D., you had your career significantly interrupted due to parental, medical, and/or family-related responsibilities, NSERC will extend the eligibility period to three years.
- If within two years before or after the date of completion of your Ph.D., you become the primary caregiver following the birth or adoption of a child, NSERC will extend the eligibility period to six years.
- If you are subject to an extended eligibility period, then you may be asked by NSERC to provide additional information and/or supporting documentation. Any such submission to NSERC will only be used by staff to assess your eligibility for the program. If you wish to inform the review committee of delays and/or circumstances that may have affected your performance and/or productivity, then you may do so in the Special circumstances section of the application.
Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council will provide $45,000 per year for two years to eligible students.
How to Apply for Scholarship:
NSERC must receive your application electronically before 8:00 p.m. (ET) on October 17. If the deadline falls on a weekend, your application must be submitted the following business day before 8:00 p.m. (ET). Incomplete applications will be rejected.
With the exception of personal contact information, NSERC will not accept any changes or updates to your application after it has been submitted. Personal contact information may be updated by sending an email to [email protected].