Our International Excellence Scholarships (South Asia) are available for students who demonstrate academic excellence or show potential studying at Swansea University. Scholarships are awarded as a discount on tuition fees. Full terms and conditions are available on the application form.
Scholarships are awarded at the discretion of the awarding committee, and it may be that applicants are awarded a scholarship of a higher or lower amount than the one for which they may have originally applied.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
By applying to be a Swansea University International Excellence Scholarship Student, Swansea University will be required to collect, store, use and otherwise process information about you for purposes connected with the application process and for reasons deemed necessary in order to take steps prior to entering into a contractual agreement with the University. See GDPR Article 6(1)(b).
Requirements Criteria for Scholarship:
- Applicants must be non-UK nationals and classed as overseas fee payers. If the fee status of the applicant changes after the scholarship application is made, then the University will need to remove the scholarship.
- Applicants must have applied for and received an UNCONDITIONAL offer to study at Swansea University at the Undergraduate or Master’s level.
- Students studying for a Ph.D., MPhil, Masters by Research, Graduate Diploma in Law, Postgraduate Diploma, Postgraduate Certificate, or Erasmus Mundus program are not eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- Students on BSc, BA, BEng, LLB, MEng, MSci, MSc, MPharm, MBBCh, MA, LLM, and MRes (not the same as Masters by Research) are eligible.
- Students progressing from ‘The College Swansea University and students currently studying at the University are not eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- Alumni are eligible to apply. Other terms and conditions apply with regards to other awards open to alumni, which may result in an award not being made in the full amount, or at all.
- Applicants must have demonstrated excellence in their academic performance to date and be able to show what they will achieve at Swansea University in their application.
- Applicants must be self-funded i.e. not in receipt of sponsorship funding from their home country/sponsor body, or external third party organization. If funding is confirmed after the scholarship is awarded, then the University reserves the right to remove it according to this condition.
- Scholarships will be used to offset tuition fees only and cannot be used for any other purpose.
- The scholarship will be applied to the course fees for the academic year stated in the offer letter. If an offer for a course is deferred, then an applicant must reapply for the scholarship, unless there are exceptional circumstances, to be confirmed by the University. Applicants must request the scholarship deferral in addition to the course start date referral. It will not be automatic.
- Successful candidates will have their tuition fee levied at enrolment. Candidates must confirm acceptance of their scholarship, accept an offer of a place on a course and pay their deposit.
- Successful undergraduate applicants awarded the maximum (£4000) International Excellence Scholarship in the first year, who achieve 70% and above in their first year of study will be eligible for a further £2,000 in year two.
- International Excellence Scholarships are available for the first year only of a one-year postgraduate degree program. Two-year masters in the industry are not eligible for any scholarship in their industry year.
- The International Scholarship Committee may use whatever means of assessment it thinks most appropriate in order to determine which candidates are worthy of recommendation for the award of a scholarship, should any of the terms, conditions, and eligibility criteria not apply, or be unclear, or should the applicant’s situation change.
- Applicants can be in receipt of an International Excellence Scholarship in addition to a scholarship or bursary awarded by another department in the University, subject to those eligibility, terms, and conditions also allowed. Students are responsible for checking the criteria for each scholarship or bursary applied for. The University will withdraw any additional scholarship that has been awarded in error, or by change of circumstances.
- The combined scholarship amounts cannot exceed £6000, therefore the IDO will not make an award in addition to any other University award, which will amount to more than this. This includes staff awards where a 50% tuition fee discount is applied.
- Scholarship holders, having accepted an award, are reasonably expected to co-operate in Swansea University recruitment activities and automatically agree to their names and details being released by the University’s International Development Office for marketing purposes.
- If it is deemed necessary for a Scholarship holder to suspend their studies, the scholarship will be held on a university account and carried forward to the year of resumption of studies and the candidate will be expected to pay their personal contribution on a pro-rata basis.
- If in the view of the appropriate Head of School, a Scholarship holder’s progress is deemed to be unsatisfactory, the Scholarship may be withdrawn. A Scholarship may also be withdrawn on grounds of failure to comply with any of the conditions attached to the Award. The candidate may be required to repay to the University any award that has been made, either in whole or in part, as determined by the Committee. If the scholar feels that such a withdrawal is unjustified, she/he may appeal in writing to the Head of the International Development Office within 15 working days of the date of notification.
- Having accepted an award, should a Scholarship holder withdraw from the University, the holder will be liable to repay to the University any award which has been made, either in whole or in part, as determined by the Committee.
- The International Development Office reserves the right to make, amend, withdraw, suspend or cancel without notice these and such other regulations as may be in force from time to time and such decisions shall be final.
- Scholarships are awarded at the discretion of the awarding committee, and it may be that applicants are awarded a scholarship of a higher or lower amount than the one for which they may have originally applied.
How to Apply for Scholarship:
only one application will be considered. Students from South Asia should only apply through the South Asia International Excellence Scholarship application form.
Please note to be considered for a scholarship, you must already hold an offer to study with Swansea University. Once you are ready to apply please complete an International Excellence Scholarship South Asia and return to [email protected]