In the pursuit of knowledge and the advancement of public health, there are initiatives that stand as beacons of hope, offering opportunities for change and progress. The Knowledge•Action•Change (K•A•C) Global Tobacco Harm Reduction Scholarship Programme is one such initiative that has illuminated the path for students from low- and middle-income countries to make a profound impact on global tobacco harm reduction efforts.
A Beacon of Opportunity
The K•A•C Global Tobacco Harm Reduction Scholarship Programme, often referred to as THRSP, is not just a scholarship; it’s a gateway to transformation. Launched in 2018, this program has already left an indelible mark on the global stage, empowering scholars from diverse backgrounds to undertake a wide array of successful projects in the field of tobacco harm reduction. This initiative is not merely about financial support; it represents a global movement dedicated to reducing the harm caused by tobacco products.
The Crown Jewel of K•A•C
At the heart of this program is Knowledge•Action•Change (K•A•C), an organization committed to advancing tobacco harm reduction. Founded on the principles of knowledge, action, and change, K•A•C has consistently been at the forefront of innovative approaches aimed at mitigating the harm caused by tobacco products. The Global Tobacco Harm Reduction Scholarship Programme is a testament to their unwavering dedication to creating a healthier world.
- University or Organization: Knowledge•Action•Change (K•A•C)
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Research
- Award: Varies
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- Application Deadline: 30 November 2023.
- Study in: Poland
Eligibility for K•A•C Global Tobacco Harm Reduction Scholarship Programme
The K•A•C Global Tobacco Harm Reduction Scholarship Programme is open to a diverse range of individuals who share a passion for tobacco harm reduction and public health. While the program prioritizes applicants from low- and middle-income countries, it welcomes candidates from around the world who are committed to making a difference. Eligible candidates encompass:
- Aspiring researchers in tobacco harm reduction and public health.
- Professionals dedicated to harm reduction.
- Postgraduate students are eager to delve into this critical field.
- Established researchers and scientists seeking to broaden their impact.
- Medical professionals with a focus on harm reduction.
- Consumers who have a vested interest in tobacco harm reduction.
- Writers who can convey the message effectively.
- Internet and social media professionals are capable of spreading awareness.
- Filmmakers and audio-visual professionals who can creatively engage the public.
The Application Process
The application process for the K•A•C Global Tobacco Harm Reduction Scholarship Programme is designed to be accessible and straightforward. Here’s how prospective scholars can embark on this transformative journey:
- Review the Scholarship Details: Begin by thoroughly reading the information available on the official scholarship page.
- Follow Submission Guidelines: Pay close attention to the submission instructions provided.
- Create an Account: Create a user account and log in to the application portal.
- Complete Your Profile: Share essential details such as your nationality and contact information.
- Course Completion: Undertake the THR-101 mini-course and quiz, aiming for a score of at least 70%.
- Prepare Your Proposal: Craft a compelling proposal outlining your project and its potential impact.
A noteworthy feature of this application process is its flexibility. The submission system automatically saves your progress, allowing applicants to work on their proposals over several days. Additionally, candidates are required to upload their CV in PDF format and can provide links to cloud storage for any supplementary documents.
The Scholarly Benefits
Becoming a K•A•C Global Tobacco Harm Reduction Scholar comes with a multitude of advantages, reinforcing the significance of this program:
- Financial Support: Successful candidates receive a stipend of $12,000 to execute their chosen projects.
- Global Forum on Nicotine (GFN): Scholars have the opportunity to attend the Global Forum on Nicotine in Warsaw, fostering networking and knowledge exchange.
- Online Learning: Scholars can enrich their understanding through an online course covering the theory and practice of tobacco harm reduction.
- Accommodation: Accommodation is provided for the entire duration of the Global Forum on Nicotine, including additional days for per diems.
- Mentorship: Enrolment in the mentoring scheme ensures that each scholar benefits from guidance provided by an expert mentor.
- Ongoing Support: The Scholarship Programme Manager offers continuous support, addressing both practical and academic challenges.
- Future Opportunities: Scholars can anticipate the chance to return to Warsaw in 2025 to share their findings through poster displays, speaking engagements, or enhanced scholar roles.
Seize the Opportunity and Transform Your Future
In the realm of tobacco harm reduction, the K•A•C Global Tobacco Harm Reduction Scholarship Programme stands as a beacon of opportunity. It empowers individuals from diverse backgrounds to become change-makers in their communities and on a global scale. This scholarship is not merely a financial grant; it is an invitation to join a global movement dedicated to knowledge, action, and change.
If you possess a passion for tobacco harm reduction, public health, or related fields, seize this opportunity to make a lasting impact. Apply for the K•A•C Global Tobacco Harm Reduction Scholarship Programme today and be part of a global community committed to advancing knowledge and fostering positive change.
In summary, the K•A•C Global Tobacco Harm Reduction Scholarship Programme is more than a scholarship; it is an invitation to be part of something greater. It is a platform where passion, expertise, and dedication converge to address one of the most pressing public health challenges of our time. Don’t hesitate—apply now and become a catalyst for change in the realm of tobacco harm reduction.