The Department of History, School of Histories and Humanities at Trinity College Dublin is honored to introduce the IRC – SFI Pathway PhD Scholarships to students interested to study Irish scripts. The scholarship is offered in Ireland for the academic year 2022-2023.
The scholarship is offered to students that hold a master’s degree in a relevant field of study and are willing to work on the project ‘Early Irish Hands: The Development of Writing in Early Ireland’ from September 2022. Ideal candidates will have a good command of English and knowledge of Latin. The scholarship award is made of a stipend of €18,500 annually plus a travel budget and a €5,750 contribution towards fees.
Requirements Criteria for Scholarship:
To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must have a good command of English and have evidence of solid knowledge of Latin.
- The applicants must also meet the general entry requirements of the college.
How to Apply for Scholarship:
- Students can apply to TCD via its online application portal. Then, to apply for this scholarship, students must send the following documents in a single PDF to Dr. Nicole Volmering ([email protected]) and to Eilís Dunne ([email protected]).
- The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- A motivation letter addressing how you intend to approach the research topic
- Two letters of recommendation
- Certified academic transcripts for all degrees
- Certified degree certificates for all degrees
- A detailed CV
- A writing sample (an academic essay, an article, a chapter from a dissertation, or the like
- The applicants must have a Master’s degree/diploma (awarded or pending) or international equivalent (German Staatsexamen, etc.) in a relevant academic area (relevant areas include but are not limited to: Classics, Early Irish, Medieval Studies, History, Manuscript Studies, Digital Humanities, Celtic Studies).
- The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS – 6.5
- TOEFL IBT – 88
- TOEFL PBT – 570
- TOEFL CBT – 230
- CEFR Level C1 or C2 – Grade C or Better
- PTE – 63
- Duolingo – 110
Benefits of Scholarship
The successfully selected candidate will be presented with an award consisting of a stipend of €18,500 annually plus a travel budget and a €5,750 contribution towards fees.