Are you a budding academic looking for the perfect opportunity to delve into research while sharing your knowledge? Look no further! BI Norwegian Business School is thrilled to announce the International PhD Scholarships in Finance for the academic year 2023-2024, opening doors to a world of possibilities.
Explore BI Norwegian Business School
Situated in the picturesque heart of Norway, BI Norwegian Business School stands tall as a beacon of excellence in business education and research. With a stellar reputation, a diverse student body, and strong ties to the industry, BI offers a dynamic and enriching learning environment. As you set forth on your academic journey, BI Norwegian Business School promises invaluable networking opportunities and real-world insights that will set you on a path to success.
Why Choose BI Norwegian Business School?
Enrolling at BI Norwegian Business School comes with a slew of advantages:
- Top-Tier Education: BI Norwegian Business School offers a world-class education that prioritizes business acumen, innovation, and sustainability. Graduates are well-equipped to navigate the ever-evolving global economy.
- Global Perspective: With a diverse and inclusive student population, BI fosters a vibrant and multicultural learning atmosphere, expanding horizons and perspectives.
- Industry Connections: BI’s strong connections to the business world provide students with unique opportunities to network and gain practical insights from industry leaders.
International PhD Scholarships in Finance Details
- University: BI Norwegian Business School
- Department: Department of Finance
- Course Level: PhD degree
- Awards: NOK 540,300 annually
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not specified
- Application Deadline: December 1, 2023
- Nationality: EU/EEA students
- Location: Norway
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Accepted Course or Subjects: PhD degree in the Department of Accounting and Operations Management.
- Admissible Criteria: To qualify, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Completion of a Master of Science degree with thesis work, a Research Masters/M.Phil degree, or an equivalent relevant degree for specialization in Accounting by the program’s start in early autumn 2024, with a grade point average of B or higher. Note that an MBA degree does not fulfill the admission requirements.
- Applicants with a Master’s degree from an institution in an EU/EEA country are encouraged to take either the GMAT or the GRE test. Applicants with a Master’s degree from outside the EU/EEA must also take the GMAT or GRE test.
To be considered for this prestigious scholarship, follow these steps:
- Submit the Application Form
- Supporting Documents: Upload the following electronically with your application:
- Full CV/resume, including a comprehensive list of all research work, publications (if any), thesis work, and other relevant research activities.
- Letters of recommendation from individuals who can assess your suitability for doctoral studies. These individuals should ideally be academics who have taught you, supervised your research, or possess other pertinent information regarding your potential as a researcher. A minimum of two letters is required.
- Statement of purpose outlining your plans, motivation for PhD studies, and career objectives. The statement should be in English and not exceed 1000 words.
- One selected academic work showcasing your previous academic output, such as a copy of your Master’s thesis or other relevant research.
Candidates must meet all the entry requirements set by the school for an undergraduate degree. Additionally, applicants must fulfill the following language requirements:
- TOEFL: A total score of 575 points for the written test, 233 for the computer-based version, or 90 points on the internet-based test.
- IELTS: A score of 6.5
The four-year scholarship aligns with the Norwegian State Salary Scale and currently offers an annual stipend of NOK 540,300. This position includes a 25% teaching obligation.
Unlock your potential with BI Norwegian Business School’s International PhD Scholarships in Finance. Don’t miss out on this opportunity to shape your future.
1. Who is eligible for the International PhD Scholarships in Finance at BI Norwegian Business School?
- These scholarships are open to applicants of all nationalities.
2. What are the key application requirements for this scholarship?
- Applicants are required to submit a comprehensive application form, a CV/resume, letters of recommendation, a statement of purpose, and an academic work sample.
3. Can applicants with an MBA degree apply for this scholarship?
- Unfortunately, an MBA degree does not fulfill the admission requirements for this scholarship.
4. Are English language proficiency tests mandatory for all applicants?
- Yes, applicants must provide TOEFL or IELTS scores to meet the language requirements.
5. What is the annual stipend provided by this scholarship, and are there any additional obligations?
- The scholarship offers an annual stipend of NOK 540,300 and includes a 25% teaching obligation.