Description of Scholarship:
Innocent Chukwuma African NGO Leadership Transition Fellowship Program announced by Association for Research on Civil Society in Africa for African students to study in South Africa. The scholarship allows Fellowships level programm(s) in the field(s) of Civil Society taught at Association for Research on Civil Society in Africa. The last date of applying for this scholarship is 11th November 2022 and scholarship provide $3,000 to successful candidates.
The Association for Research on Civil Society in Africa provide a golden chance to African students to complete their studies in the field(s) of Civil Society at South Africa on scholarship.
Short Detail of Innocent Chukwuma African NGO Leadership Transition Fellowship Program:
Institute Name: Association for Research on Civil Society in Africa.
Country to Study in: South Africa.
Courses Offered: Civil Society.
Degree Level: Fellowships.
Students Nationality: African students.
Scholarship Award: $3,000.
Last Date/Dead Line: 11th November 2022.
Great opportunity to gain a position through a fellowship program in South Africa. The AROCSA collaborates with the Centre on African Philanthropy and Social Investment (CAPSI) and is glad to inform the call for applications to the Innocent Chukwuma African NGO Leadership Transition Fellowship Program for the academic year 2023-2024.
The Fellowship strives to provide a space for the youth of South Africa and the next generation of leaders in civil societies. This program will Support Staff leadership positions stipend of $3,000 that covers living support and associated expenses for one month.
Africa Leadership Transition Fellowship Program began in 2018 with help from the Association for Research on Nonprofit Organizations and Voluntary Action and the Ford Foundation. It stood formed due to the glory of the acute need for an NGO program to aid sector civil society and NGO leaders who are contemplating transitioning out of their assignments to make a supporting infrastructure.
Benefits of the Fellowship Program
The Association for Research on Civil Society in Africa will provide all the following:
- Stipend: $3,000 covering living support and associated expenses for one month.
- Accommodation: one single furnished bedroom either in a studio/one bedroom, or shared apartment with other fellows for one month.
- The economy class returns tickets from the home country to the host country for in-person learning sessions.
- Visa application fees.
- Travel Health Insurance
Requirements Criteria for Scholarship:
To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Founder or executive director of an NGO in Africa, and from Africa, “actively” seeking to transition away from their NGO or CSO.
- Approval from the board to take a sabbatical from work from March to May 2023 Candidate must be at least forty (40) years of age.
- The candidate must have been in the executive leadership position for at least ten (10) years.
- The candidate must be a full-time, paid staff member of the NGO.
- Medical fitness must be certified by a qualified medical doctor.
How to Apply for Scholarship:
- To take part in this studentship, aspirants need to apply through the online application form for research degree coursework at the Association for Research on Civil Society in Africa.
- Applicants are required to apply for the Fellowship through the electronic application on the AROCSA website. Applications must include the following:
- Completed electronic application forms
- Copy of current passport
- Curriculum Vitae
- Two letters of recommendation (including one from the NGO Board Chair indicating that the board is aware and approves of the applicant‡s participation in the fellowship)
- 3-5 page (double space, 12pt font with one-inch margins) personal statement that includes, but is not limited to, the reason for participating in the fellowship and anticipated fellowship objectives that the applicant seeks to achieve
- Applicants are required to apply for the Fellowship through the electronic application on the AROCSA website.
- Students must be proficient in the English language.