With an aim to provide world-class education to deserving students in the UK, the University of Leicester is providing Ph.D. Scholarships for the academic year 2022-2023.
The study program is open for both the UK and international applicants who want to pursue a Ph.D. degree program in the United Kingdom.
Requirements Criteria for Scholarship:
To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- Applicants must be UK and international students
- Students must have to enroll in the Ph.D. degree program.
How to Apply for Scholarship:
- To apply for the program, applicants must take admission in the Ph.D. degree program at the University of Leicester. After that, you can apply for the scholarship.
- Students must have to submit the following:
- Personal statement explaining, briefly, your interest in the project and your relevant experience ( If you apply for two projects, include a statement for each project on the same document)
- Degree Certificates and Transcripts of study already completed and if possible transcript to date of study currently being undertaken
- Applicants are required to hold a UK undergraduate (Bachelors) degree with at least first-class or upper second class honors t and a postgraduate degree in a relevant subject.
- Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
Benefits of Scholarship
The University of Leicester will provide the following:
- Tuition fees at UK rate
- Stipend at UKRI rates (currently £15,609. 2022 rates to be confirmed)
- Access to a Research Training Support Grant of up to £1,500 pa for three years.
- International applicants applying for projects listed on this page will need to be able to fund the difference between the UK and International fees for the duration of the study.
- Full international fees will vary depending on the project
- UK fees are yet to be confirmed but are likely to be between £4600 and £4700 per year
- International Fees for projects based in Life Sciences and Science and Engineering will be £21,000 per year. International students would need to be able to pay fees of approximately £16,500 per year of study. The exact fee will be advised at the point of offer.
- International Fees for projects based in Social Sciences, Arts, and Humanities will be £15,600 per year. International students would need to be able to pay fees of approximately £11,00 per year of study. The exact fee will be advised at the point of offer