The University of Edinburgh is proud to announce the East African Scholarships for students who have a wish of post-graduating from a reputable university in the UK.
International candidates who are born or are working in East African countries are eligible to apply for this application . This offer aims to encourage the students and bring out the potential to meet the sustainable development goals through healthcare.
Requirements Criteria for Scholarship:
Candidates must follow the given criteria:
- The offers are available to students born and working in East Africa who would like to study towards the Master of Family Medicine online distance learning programme offered by the University of Edinburgh commencing in September 2021.
How to Apply for Scholarship:
- Procedure to Apply: The candidate must apply as per the procedure of the university. Applications should be made to [email protected]
- Required Documents: Submit your CV and a 500 – 800 word summary of your reasons for applying for the master’s programme. Applicants who are currently practicing medicine and can demonstrate that they have:
- A vision for improving the way that healthcare is delivered and who look to shape global health policy through the WHO agenda for more equitable and primary health-led care.
- The potential to contribute to national and local policy; taking forward a new way of providing healthcare that is equitable and that goes some way to meet the Sustainable Development Goals for the future.
- Admission Demands: The candidates must hold a medical degree (MBChB) or its international equivalent.
- Language Demands: The candidates must have the required scores for the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS Academic total 6.5 with at least 6.0 in each component.
- CAE and CPE total 176 with at least 169 in each paper.
- TOEFL-iBT (including Special Home Edition) total 92 with at least 20 in each section.
- Trinity ISE ISE II with distinctions in all four components.