Are you an ambitious student looking for an exceptional opportunity to pursue a Master’s or PhD degree fully funded in the United Kingdom? Look no further! The Rhodes Scholarships at Oxford University for the academic year 2024-25 are now open for applications. This prestigious scholarship program invites students from around the world to undertake their studies at the esteemed University of Oxford. In this article, we will explore the details of the Rhodes Scholarships, including the application process, eligibility criteria, benefits, and much more. Don’t miss this golden chance to join the ranks of extraordinary individuals who have benefited from this renowned scholarship program.
The Rhodes Scholarships at Oxford University provide fully funded opportunities for international students to pursue postgraduate studies at the University of Oxford. The scholarships are available for both Master’s and PhD programs in various academic fields. The application deadline for the scholarship is 01 Aug 2023.
About the Rhodes Scholarship Program
Established in 1902, the Rhodes Scholarship program is the oldest and most prestigious international scholarship initiative. It offers exceptional young individuals from across the globe the chance to pursue their education at the renowned University of Oxford. Each year, over 100 students are chosen as Rhodes Scholars, granting them the opportunity to study in any academic field or major offered at Oxford University.
The Rhodes Scholarships at Oxford University are available for both Masters and PhD level programs.
Under this scholarship program, students can pursue studies in various academic fields. The scholarships cover all subjects offered at the University of Oxford.
The Rhodes Scholarships at Oxford University provide comprehensive financial support to successful applicants. Here are the key benefits of the scholarship:
- Coverage of all University and College fees.
- Payment of the University application fee.
- Provision of a living stipend amounting to £16,218 per year.
- One economy class airfare to Oxford at the beginning of the scholarship.
- One economy class flight back to the student’s home country upon completion of the scholarship.
It’s important to note that the duration of the scholarship is two years, with the possibility of an extension for a third year for individuals pursuing a recognized route to the DPhil (PhD) degree. Continuation of the scholarship is contingent upon maintaining satisfactory academic performance and adhering to proper personal conduct.
The Rhodes Scholarships at Oxford University are open to students from various countries/regions. Here are the application dates for specific countries/regions:
- AUSTRALIA: 01 July – 8 September 2023
- BERMUDA: 01 June – 2 October 2023
- CANADA: 01 June – 28 September 2023
- CHINA: 01 June – 18 September 2023
- EAST AFRICA: 01 June – 31 August 2023
- GERMANY: 01 June – 14 September 2023
- HONG KONG SAR: 01 June – 29 September 2023
- INDIA: 01 June – 01 August 2023
- ISRAEL: 01 June – 28 September 2023
- JAMAICA & THE COMMONWEALTH CARIBBEAN: 01 June – 30 September 2023
- KENYA: 01 June – 31 August 2023
- MALAYSIA: 01 June – 31 August 2023
- NEW ZEALAND: 01 June – 01 August 2023
- PAKISTAN: 01 June – 01 August 2023
- SAUDI ARABIA: 01 June – 21 September 2023
- SINGAPORE: 01 June – 29 September 2023
- SOUTHERN AFRICA: 01 June – 15 August 2023
- SYRIA, JORDAN, LEBANON AND PALESTINE: 01 June – 31 August 2023
- UNITED ARAB EMIRATES: 01 June – 23 September 2023
- UNITED STATES: 01 July – 04 October 2023
- WEST AFRICA: 01 June – 15 September 2023
- ZAMBIA: 01 June – 31 August 2023
- ZIMBABWE: 01 June – 31 August 2023
- Any Other Country: 01 June – 02 August 2023
Please note that these dates represent the specified application period for each country/region.
To be eligible for the Rhodes Scholarships at Oxford University, applicants must fulfill the following requirements:
- Nationality: Only students from the countries specified in the application dates are eligible for the Rhodes Scholarship. Students with nationalities other than those listed may be eligible for the Global Scholarship, which is typically a highly competitive scholarship offered by the Rhodes Trust.
- Age: As of 1 October 2023, applicants must meet one of the following age criteria:
- Be at least 18 years old and not have reached their 24th birthday. In other words, they must be born after 1 October 1999 and on or before 1 October 2005. OR
- For older candidates who completed their first undergraduate degree later than usual, they must not have reached their 27th birthday. They should have been born after 1 October 1996 and must have met or will meet the requirements for completion of their first degree on or after 1 October 2022.
- Academic Achievement: Applicants must have completed (or will complete by June/July 2024) an undergraduate degree with a First Class or a minimum GPA of 3.70 out of 4.0 (or equivalent). It’s essential to review the specific requirements for the chosen course at Oxford, as they may have even higher academic criteria. Successful candidates typically rank among the top achievers in their graduating classes.
- English Language Proficiency: Applicants must possess a high level of proficiency in the English language, meeting the English language proficiency requirements specified at the Higher Level by the University of Oxford.
To apply for the Rhodes Scholarships at Oxford University for the academic year 2024-25, an Online Application System is available. To initiate your application, please visit the following link: Apply Now.
The application process consists of multiple stages, including the submission of required documents, personal statements, recommendation letters, and interviews. It’s crucial to carefully follow the instructions provided in the online application system and ensure that all necessary documents are submitted before the deadline.