Umea University is pleased to offer a PhD Position in Political Science for talented students. The study award is designed for the academic session 2023/2024. This scholarship programme is open to students from all around the world who want to pursue a PhD degree at the university.
Why Choose Umeå University?
Umeå University, located in Sweden, is well-known for the high quality of its education as well as its research. It is the fifth oldest university in Sweden and a comprehensive institution that covers research and education in health, science and technology, social sciences, arts and humanities, and educational sciences. The university was first recognized in 1965.
Umeå University is committed to providing its students and staff members with one-of-a-kind educational and professional growth opportunities. It offers approximately forty different degree programs and over four hundred and fifty different classes that are offered in English throughout its four faculties.
PhD Position Details
- University or Organization: Umea University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: 29,000 SEK/Month
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: Domestic
- Application Deadline: 1 August 2023
- The award can be taken in Sweden
To be eligible for the PhD scholarship in Political Science at Umea University, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Eligible Countries: Sweden
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: PhD scholarship in Political Science
- Admissible Criteria: In order to qualify as a postdoctoral fellow, a completed doctoral degree or a foreign degree deemed to be equivalent to a doctoral degree is required. This eligibility requirement must be met at the latest when the decision on scholarship recipients is made.
In addition to the above, the candidate should primarily be someone who has completed a degree, according to the previous paragraph, no more than three years ago. However, if there are special reasons, a person with a doctoral degree older than three years could also be considered. Special reasons could include leave due to illness, parental leave, positions of trust within trade unions, or other similar circumstances, as well as clinical service or service/assignment relevant to the subject area.
Applicants must have a PhD in environmental chemistry/analytical chemistry or equivalent and have previous experience in both sampling and analysis based on LC-MS/MS. Previous experience in sample processing of biota samples is meritorious.
To apply for the PhD Position in Political Science at Umea University, follow the steps below:
- Submit your application as a PDF marked with the reference number FS 2.1.7-290-23. Ensure that the reference number is included in both the file name and the subject field of the email. Send your application to email@example.com. The application can be written in English or Swedish.
- Your complete application must contain the following documents:
- A cover letter summarizing your qualifications, research interests, and reasons for applying (maximum two pages)
- A research proposal of 3-5 pages, including a discussion of a potential research problem, purpose, theory, and empirical data
- CV/curriculum vitae
- Certified transcripts of academic records and degrees
- 1-3 writing samples in Swedish or English, such as a B.A. thesis, master’s thesis, or academic publications
- References or a maximum of two letters of recommendation
- Any additional qualifications
Please note that before taking admission, applicants must meet all entry requirements of the university. Proficiency in both oral and written communication in English is also required.
Benefits of the Scholarship
Umeå University will offer a salary according to the current salary order for doctoral studies. The current entry-level salary for Ph.D. students is 29,000 SEK/Month. According to the Higher Education Ordinance (Chapter 12, Section 2), decisions on admissions cannot be appealed.
Pursuing a PhD in Political Science at Umea University provides an excellent opportunity for talented individuals seeking advanced academic and research training. With its rich educational environment, diverse degree programs, and supportive faculty, Umeå University stands out as a top choice for prospective doctoral students. Don’t miss this chance to apply for the scholarship and embark on a rewarding academic journey at Umea University.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Can international students apply for the PhD Position in Political Science at Umea University? Yes, the scholarship program is open to students from all around the world who want to pursue a PhD degree at Umea University.
2. What are the eligibility criteria for the scholarship? To be eligible, applicants must have a completed doctoral degree or a foreign degree deemed equivalent to a doctoral degree. Additional requirements include specific qualifications in the field of environmental chemistry/analytical chemistry and relevant experience in sampling and analysis.
3. How can I apply for the scholarship? To apply, submit a complete application in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Ensure that you include the reference number FS 2.1.7-290-23 in the file name and subject field of the email.
4. What documents do I need to include in my application? A complete application should include a cover letter, research proposal, CV/curriculum vitae, certified transcripts of academic records and degrees, writing samples, and references or letters of recommendation.
5. What is the deadline for application submission? The deadline for submitting applications is 1 August 2023. It is important to submit your application before the specified deadline to be considered for the scholarship.