We are excited to share that the Department of Computing Science at Umeå University is offering an exceptional postdoctoral fellowship in Computer Security. This scholarship, generously provided by the Kempe Foundation, seeks to assist exceptional researchers in pushing the boundaries of computer security through their groundbreaking research endeavours.
postdoctoral researchers in computer security
This programme is designed to appeal to top-notch researchers who have completed their doctoral degree or equivalent in computer security or related fields. The chosen applicant will become a member of the Software Engineering and Security (SES) group in the department, making valuable contributions to advanced research in programme analysis and computer security.
Umeå University is well-known for its dedication to achieving excellence in research, education, and innovation. It is situated in the lively city of Umeå in northern Sweden. Umeå University is renowned for its diverse and dynamic academic community, known for its world-leading research in various disciplines. Umeå University is dedicated to promoting collaboration across disciplines and creating an environment that welcomes people from all backgrounds. The university provides a diverse array of programmes and opportunities for students and scholars worldwide.
Don’t forget to submit your application by January 31, 2024!
- University or Organisation: Umeå University
- Department: Department of Computing Science
- Course Level: Postdoctoral
- Award: 375,000 SEK per year (approximately 33,000 euros)
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 1
- Nationality: Open to international students
- The award is available in Sweden.
- Open to individuals from all countries
- Here’s an update: Available
- Course Options: The scholarship can be used for any subject that the university offers.
- Acceptable Standards: To qualify, individuals must fulfil the following requirements:
Applicants for this position should have a doctoral degree or a foreign degree considered equivalent in computer science, computer engineering, or a related field. It is important to have a strong research record in computer security or software engineering. Collaborative skills and a critical mindset are also essential. Proficiency in written and verbal English communication is required. Additionally, good programming skills in languages such as C, Python, or Java are necessary.
Applicants who are interested should submit a comprehensive application, which should include the following:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae (CV) with publication list
- A verified copy of doctoral degree certificate or documentation indicating the expected completion date
- Please provide verified copies of your other diplomas, academic course lists, and grades.
- We will also need a copy of your doctoral thesis and possibly two relevant articles.
- Lastly, please provide contact information for two references.
- Please send your applications as a PDF file with the reference number FS 2.1.7-2396-23 to [email protected]. Please ensure that a copy is also sent to [email protected].
If you have any questions or need more details about the scholarship and application process, feel free to reach out to Prof. Alexandre Bartel at [email protected].
This postdoctoral fellowship offers an exceptional chance for researchers to make a significant impact in the field of computer security. It also provides a platform for advancing academic and professional careers at a prestigious university in Sweden.
Umeå University is offering a postdoctoral fellowship in Computer Security, funded by the Kempe Foundation. The fellowship is open to top researchers with a doctoral degree or equivalent in computer security or related fields. The chosen applicant will join the Software Engineering and Security (SES) group, contributing to advanced research in programme analysis and computer security. Umeå University, located in northern Sweden, is known for its excellence in research, education, and innovation.
The award is available online and is open to international students. Applicants must have a strong research record in computer security or software engineering, collaborative skills, a critical mindset, proficiency in English communication, and good programming skills in languages like C, Python, or Java. The application process includes a cover letter, curriculum vitae, doctoral degree certificate, other diplomas, academic course lists, grades, doctoral thesis, and references.