Short Detail of International PhD Position:Institute Name: Leiden University Centre for the Arts in Society (LUCAS).
Country to Study in: Netherlands.
Courses Offered: all subjects.
Degree Level: PhD.
Students Nationality: international candidates (willing to relocate to the Netherlands).
Scholarship Award: Salary ranges from €2,770 to €3,539 gross per month.
Last Date/Dead Line: March 1, 2024.
Description of Scholarship:
International PhD Position announced by Leiden University Centre for the Arts in Society (LUCAS) for international candidates (willing to relocate to the Netherlands) to study in Netherlands. The scholarship allows PhD level programm(s) in the field(s) of all subjects taught at Leiden University Centre for the Arts in Society (LUCAS). The last date of applying for this scholarship is March 1, 2024 and scholarship provide Salary ranges from €2,770 to €3,539 gross per month to successful candidates.
The Leiden University Centre for the Arts in Society (LUCAS) provide a golden chance to international candidates (willing to relocate to the Netherlands) to complete their studies in the field(s) of all subjects at Netherlands on scholarship.
Leiden University, standing as the oldest institution of higher learning in the Netherlands, invites you to embark on a scholarly journey through its International PhD Position. This golden opportunity is tailored for both domestic and international students eager to delve into the intricacies of Anglo-Saxon Christianity in 19th-century Europe.
Unveiling Leiden University’s Legacy
Leiden University: A Pillar of Academic Excellence
Established over four centuries ago, Leiden University boasts a rich history and is recognized globally for its academic prowess. With seven educational faculties and over fifty subject departments, it stands as a distinguished center for learning and research, playing host to a diverse community comprising more than 40 national and global research institutes.
Requirements Criteria for Scholarship:
Countries: All nationalities
Courses/Subjects: Any subject offered by the university
Criteria: Applicants must:
- Hold a ResMA/MRes or MA with a specialization in Old English, cultural history, religious studies, or another relevant field.
- Possess well-developed research skills, including the ability to formulate creative research questions, descriptive and analytical skills, and a clear and persuasive writing style.
- Demonstrate an affinity for Old English philology and an additional affinity for history of humanities, cultural history, and/or the reception of medieval literature.
- Have experience with or be willing to learn about relational databases, Linked Data, and archival material.
- Possess full professional working proficiency in English and professional reading skills in German; working knowledge of Latin or other European languages is an added value.
- Showcase proven time-management skills, be a team player, and an independent thinker.
How to Apply for Scholarship:
Interested candidates should submit their applications via the online recruitment system by the deadline of March 1, 2024. The application must include:
- Letter of application with a motivation statement (1000 words max.)
- CV, listing education, employment history, and academic achievements
- Names, positions, and contact information for two referees (no reference letters)
- Copy of MA-thesis or a writing sample
- Copies of relevant course assessments and certificates demonstrating language proficiency
- Copy of MA degree certificate or a letter by the thesis supervisor assessing the thesis process.
Applicants must hold a ResMA/MRes or MA with a specialization in relevant fields, and should meet language proficiency requirements: full professional working proficiency in English, and professional reading skills in German; working knowledge of Latin or other European languages is an added value.
Benefits and Inclusivity at Leiden University
The International PhD Position project is a fully funded position for four years, offering a salary range from €2,770 to €3,539 gross per month for a full-time appointment. Additional benefits include holiday bonuses (8%) and end-of-year bonuses (8.3%). Leiden University also provides training and career development opportunities, with candidates from outside the Netherlands possibly eligible for a substantial tax break.
Diversity & Inclusion
Leiden University is committed to fostering an inclusive community, valuing diversity in experiences and perspectives to enrich teaching and strengthen research.
For inquiries about the project, reach out to Dr. Thijs Porck, the Principal Investigator, at [project email]. Questions about the application procedure can be directed to Marjolijn Goos at im-[email protected].
Application Deadline and Process for International PhD Position
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their applications online by the deadline of March 1, 2024. Online interviews are scheduled to take place in early April, with an assessment assignment possibly included in the procedure. Note that enquiries from agencies are not appreciated.
Embark on a transformative academic journey with Leiden University’s International PhD Position. Dive deep into the search for Anglo-Saxon Christianity, supported by a prestigious scholarship, comprehensive benefits, and a commitment to diversity and inclusion. Seize the opportunity to contribute to groundbreaking research and further your academic aspirations.
- Is the scholarship open to international students?
- Yes, the scholarship is open to both domestic and international students who are willing to relocate to the Netherlands.
- What are the eligibility criteria for applicants?
- Applicants must hold a ResMA/MRes or MA with a specialization in relevant fields, along with other specified criteria such as research skills and language proficiency.
- How long is the scholarship duration?
- The scholarship covers a fully funded International PhD Position for four years.
- What additional benefits are provided to scholarship recipients?
- In addition to a competitive salary, recipients receive holiday bonuses, end-of-year bonuses, and access to training and career development opportunities.
When is the application deadline?
- The deadline for submitting applications is March 1, 2024.