International UTC Global Response Assistantship in the USA for impacted by the war on Ukraine, Tennessee USA 2023 is open for International Students. The scholarship allows a Graduate level program(s) in the field of All subjects taught at the University of Tennessee. The deadline for the scholarship is 14 May 2022. UTC Global Response Assistantship for international students impacted by the war on Ukraine, Tennessee USA 2023 is available to undertake Graduate-level programs at the University of Tennessee.
If you are a student whose study was impacted by the war in Ukraine, here’s an opportunity for you to continue it in the USA.
The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga is offering UTC Global Response Assistantship for international students. The scholarship is only available for students who are impacted by the war in Ukraine.
To keep the scholarship the student must maintain a 3.25 cumulative grade point average based on all graduate courses taken at UTC. A grade of U, D, or F in any course or more than two grades below a B will result in the loss of the assistantship. The applicant must also work 20 hours per week (or 280 hours per semester) at the appointed UTC department.
The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga is a public university in Chattanooga, Tennessee. It is one of four universities and two other affiliated institutions in the University of Tennessee System.
Requirements Criteria for Scholarship:
- An applicant must have completed at least a bachelor’s (undergraduate) degree or plans to earn a bachelor’s (undergraduate) by July 2022.
- An applicant must have been seriously impacted by the war on Ukraine.
- The first preference will be given to the student with Ukrainian citizenship/residency who lives or lived in the impacted area.
- An applicant must have sufficient English proficiency.
- A winner of this award will be required to participate in programs organized by the UTC Center for Global Education, including the presentation about the Ukrainian culture, sharing your lived experience in Chattanooga, and being a UTC Global Ambassador at various events.
- You must be enrolled as a graduate student taking at least nine (9) semester hours of graduate coursework applicable to your graduate degree.
- You must maintain a 3.25 cumulative grade point average based on all graduate courses taken at UTC. A grade of U, D, or F in any course or more than two grades below a B will result in the loss of your assistantship.
- You must work 20 hours per week (or 280 hours per semester) at the appointed UTC department.
- You will be required to attend a new international student orientation and a graduate assistant orientation. Details will be sent at a later date.
- Renewal of the award in subsequent semesters is contingent upon continued available funding and on your work performance being deemed satisfactory through an evaluation performed by the Graduate Assistant Coordinator and/or other members of the applicable department.
The students selected by the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga to be awarded this scholarship will be provided the following:
- Tuition fees
- Round trip plane tickets between your home city and Chattanooga
- Room (at UTC) and board
- $4500 per semester
How to Apply for Scholarship:
- A proof of English proficiency: (Minimum requirement TOEFL IBP=79. IELTS=6.0. Duolingo=100.)
- Most recent Transcript or proof you completed the bachelor’s (undergraduate) degree
- Copy of Passport ID page
- A copy of I-20 or DS2019 (If you are currently in the U.S. with an F1 or J1 student visa)
- Essay: What makes you really happy? (No more than 800 words.)
- Video: Please tell us about yourself and explain your situation caused impacted by the war on Ukraine. And how does it affect you and your family? What are your career goals?
- Please use English to express yourself.
- Your entire video should be a minimum of 2 minutes and no more than 3 minutes.
- We strongly encourage you to be yourself and not read from a script or say a memorized speech.
- Before submitting your video, please check your video to see if your voice is clear.
- We want to learn about YOU, not about your video editing skills.
Steps to submit a video:
Step 1: Record your video using a video camera, smartphone, tablet P.C., etc.
Step 2: Once you have recorded your video, you will need to upload the video file or a link to your video to complete this application task.
Step 3: Upload your video with one of the following options.
- Upload your video to YouTube and share the YouTube link (use the original URL, which is listed on the top of the screen) with us.
- Upload your video to Vimeo (or any online video site) and share the link with us.
- Upload your video file. (We recommend .avi, .MOV or .mp4 format)
- Attach your video and email it to Dr. Takeo Suzuki ([email protected])