The University of Sydney is accepting applications for the International Postgraduate Research Scholarships in Paleogeography. The university is accepting applications for the academic session 2022/2023.
The award aims to support students who want to apply for the PhD degree program in Australia. This scholarship is partially funded through a Research agreement with BHP Billiton Petroleum (Deepwater) Inc and the University of Sydney and partially by the School of Geosciences, Faculty of Science.
The subject Paleogeography is the subdiscipline within the geosciences that studies the physical and biological geography of the geologic past, including the configuration and latitudinal distribution of continental landmasses, their topographic relief, climate and biota.
Requirements Criteria for Scholarship:
To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must have applied and been accepted full-time in a PhD at the Faculty of Medicine and Health of the University of Sydney.
- Be an international student
- Have a conditional or unconditional offer of admission in a full-time PhD at the Faculty of Science
- Be willing to research paleogeography with a strong computational background
- Hold an honors degree (first-class or second class upper) or a master’s degree with a substantial research component in geology, geophysics or earth sciences
- Have a background in geology, geophysics, or earth sciences and computational skills.
How to Apply for Scholarship:
- Students need to log in to the student portal of the university to carry out the application process. Candidates can apply for the scholarship here.
- The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Statement of purpose
- Higher Secondary Certificate
- Bachelor degree certificate
- Master degree certificate
- Cover letter
- Personal statement
- Financial statement
- Students must have relevant skills, interests, and qualifications to be admitted to a PhD research program at the University of Sydney.
- The applicants are required to attain minimum scores in the following English language proficiency tests:
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Academic
- Test of English as a Foreign Language: internet-based (TOEFL iBT)
- Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic
- Cambridge English C1 Advanced (formerly CAE) and Cambridge English C2 Proficiency (formerly CPE)
The University of Sydney will provide a $30,000 p.a. stipend and course fees (up to 3.5 years) to the selected applicants towards the applied PhD program.