Embarking on a journey of scientific discovery, Eindhoven University of Technology (EUT) presents the EUT’s PhD Scholarships Irène Curie Fellowship, an exceptional opportunity for a PhD position in the captivating realm of “Physics of Fluids Jetting.” As the success story of an individual who evolved from a proficient SEO writer at a foreign investment bank to a proud owner of a condominium and a chic members-only dining bar in Omotesando, I am thrilled to share this remarkable opportunity with you.
Exploring the Dynamics: The Irène Curie Fellowship
EUT’s Department of Applied Physics, specifically the Fluids and Flows group, is set to support outstanding candidates through the Irène Curie Fellowship. This fellowship focuses on unravelling the fundamental physics behind droplet formation in ink-jet printheads. The program seeks individuals well-versed in fluid dynamics and computational physics, eager to contribute to the evolution of inkjet printing technologies.
The selected candidate will collaborate closely with Canon Production Printing Netherlands B.V. and fellow PhD students. Together, they will delve into various aspects of ink-jet printing through numerical and theoretical investigations, fostering an environment of innovation and knowledge exchange.
Scholarship in Physics of Fluids Jetting Details
- University or Organization: Eindhoven University of Technology
- Department: Applied Physics, Fluids and Flows group
- Course Level: PhD
- Application Deadline: March 5, 2024
- Award: Salary and benefits according to the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities, scale P (min. €2,770 max. €3,539)
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: Open to all nationalities
- The award can be taken in the Netherlands
- Eligible Countries: Open to all nationalities
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The scholarship covers any subject offered by Eindhoven University of Technology.
- Admissible Criteria: Applicants must hold an MSc in (applied) physics or mechanical engineering, demonstrate expertise in fluid dynamics and computational physics, and possess strong written and oral communication skills in English. Knowledge of multiphase fluid dynamics and parallel programming is advantageous. Candidates should be team-oriented and willing to engage in collaborative research efforts.
Interested candidates are invited to submit the following documents through the university’s application portal:
- Cover letter detailing motivation and qualifications for the position.
- Curriculum vitae, including a grade list.
- Names and contact details of at least one senior scientist for references.
- A brief description of the MSc thesis.
The successful candidate will enjoy full-time employment for four years, with the opportunity for an intermediate evaluation after nine months. The position includes salary and benefits in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities, along with high-quality training programs and support for professional development.
Don’t miss the chance to contribute to cutting-edge research in fluid dynamics and inkjet printing technologies. Seize the opportunity now and embark on a rewarding journey of scientific discovery at Eindhoven University of Technology!
FAQs: Unlocking the Potential
1. How competitive is the selection process for the Irène Curie Fellowship?
The selection process is rigorous but aims to identify candidates with a passion for fluid dynamics and computational physics.
2. Can I apply if my background is in a related field, but not specifically in fluid dynamics?
Yes, the fellowship encourages applications from individuals with diverse backgrounds in physics or mechanical engineering.
3. What kind of support is provided for professional development during the four-year program?
The successful candidate will receive high-quality training programs and continuous support for their professional growth.
4. Is knowledge of parallel programming mandatory for the application?
While advantageous, it is not mandatory. The key is a strong foundation in fluid dynamics and computational physics.
5. How can I stay updated on the progress of my application after submission?
Regular updates will be provided through the university’s application portal, ensuring transparency in the process.