Short Detail of BIGSSS-DAAD Graduate School Scholarships:Institute Name: Bremen International Graduate School of Social Sciences (BIGSSS).
Country to Study in: Germany.
Courses Offered: Global Dynamics of Social Policy and Social Cohesion.
Degree Level: PhD.
Students Nationality: International Students.
Scholarship Award: a stipend of 1,200 EUR monthly and many more (Fully Funded).
Last Date/Dead Line: 23rd January 2023.
Description of Scholarship:
BIGSSS-DAAD Graduate School Scholarships announced by Bremen International Graduate School of Social Sciences (BIGSSS) for International Students to study in Germany. The scholarship allows PhD level programm(s) in the field(s) of Global Dynamics of Social Policy and Social Cohesion taught at Bremen International Graduate School of Social Sciences (BIGSSS). The last date of applying for this scholarship is 23rd January 2023 and scholarship provide a stipend of 1,200 EUR monthly and many more (Fully Funded) to successful candidates.
The Bremen International Graduate School of Social Sciences (BIGSSS) provide a golden chance to International Students to complete their studies in the field(s) of Global Dynamics of Social Policy and Social Cohesion at Germany on scholarship.
International Students are welcome to apply for the BIGSSS-DAAD Graduate School Scholarships Program 2023. The fellowship enables students to enroll in PhD-level courses at Bremen International Graduate School of Social Sciences (BIGSSS) in the area of global dynamics of social policy and social cohesion. The scholarship application deadline is January 23, 2023.
A fully financed Ph.D. scholarship is available through the BIGSSS-DAAD Graduate School Scholarship Program 2023, which is sponsored by the DAAD and the BIGSSS (Bremen International Graduate School of Social Sciences). Up to January 23, 2023, interested scholars may submit applications for two Ph.D. scholarships under the BIGSSS-DAAD Graduate School Scholarship Program Global Dynamics of Social Policy and Social Cohesion (GSPSC). The German Academic Exchange System’s (Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst, DAAD) Graduate School Scholarship Program (GSSP) is a financial initiative with the goal of expanding the number of foreign Ph.D. candidates in German structured graduate education. It is aimed at German higher education institutions that provide Ph.D. applicants with funding for up to four years of study in a structured foreign program.
BIGSSS-DAAD Graduate School Scholarships Benefit:
The Scholarship Programme is providing the following benefits:
- a stipend of 1,200 EUR monthly, for a maximum of 48 months,
- additional travel allowance for stays abroad and research trips,
- complete medical insurance plus a combined liability and accident insurance,
- support with research expenses,
- if necessary and applicable, additional family allowances (eg. rent) and
- a German language course at Bremen.
Requirements Criteria for Scholarship:
Candidates for the GSPSC Ph.D. program must be eligible for both the DAAD Graduate School Scholarship Program and the BIGSSS Regular Ph.D. program.
- You are an international applicant, proficient in the English language (speaking & writing, proof of C1-level English language skills or the equivalent).
- You must not have resided in Germany any time after February 1, 2022.
- Your MA degree must be completed and the validation of the degree must be available by May 15, 2023, which means you may apply before having finished your MA degree.
- At the time of application, your last final exam must have taken place no longer than 6 years ago.
- You have an excellent MA degree (or national equivalents) in Sociology, Political Science, Psychology, or related social science disciplines e.g. Law, Economics, or Media Sciences.
- Your dissertation project is in the field of “Global Dynamics of Social Policy and Social Cohesion” and aligns with the research focus of one or several of our program PIs.
How to Apply for Scholarship:
In order to apply, a candidate must first submit an application to BIGSSS and then, if they were successful in the BIGSSS evaluation process, submit an application to the DAAD. Applications will be evaluated by a committee at BIGSSS made up of faculty, program directors, and fellow representatives. Candidates will be chosen for nomination to the DAAD’s final selection process based on the quality of their applications. for detail click here.
1ST STAGE: BIGSSS APPLICATION & SELECTION PERIOD
- You must submit your application electronically via our online admissions system (you may have to create an account first).
- Ensure that you select “Apply for BIGSSS Ph.D. Program”. Otherwise, your application will not arrive at BIGSSS and cannot be considered.
- Consider the list of documents required for application below.
- Only documents in PDF format are accepted (you can use a free version of PDFCreator).
REVIEW & SELECTION PERIOD
- As soon as the call is closed, all eligible applications are reviewed.
- Shortlisted candidates will be informed by the beginning of April and invited for interviews.
- Interviews are planned for late April / early May. The interviews will take place online.
2ND STAGE: DAAD NOMINATIONS
- After interviews have taken place, BIGSSS will nominate four candidates (including two waiting list slots) to the DAAD.
- Only successful candidates have to apply again with the DAAD. Successful candidates will be informed by BIGSSS by mid-May.