The Australian Government is offering the Australia Awards to help students fund their studies in Australia. Applications are now being accepted for the academic year 2022-2023.
To be eligible, the applicants must have undertaken a master’s degree at an Australian tertiary institution. Applications are strongly encouraged from eligible women, people with disability, and ethnic minorities. At least 50 percent of the scholarships will target qualified female applicants.
Requirements Criteria for Scholarship:
To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Must be a citizen of Bangladesh and be residing in and applying for the scholarship from Bangladesh
- Not be married, engaged to, or a de facto of a person who holds, or is eligible to hold, Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency at any time during the application, selection, or mobilization phases.
- Students not be a citizen of Australia, hold permanent residency in Australia, or be applying for a visa to live in Australia permanently.
- Not be applying for another long-term Australia Award unless they have resided outside of Australia for twice the length of the total time that they were in Australia.
- Applicants must be able to satisfy admission requirements of the Australian institution where the Award will be undertaken.
How to Apply for Scholarship:
- Applications for admission must be made online via its application portal. Scholarship applications can be made OASIS at the university.
- Applicants will need to supply several documents to support their scholarship application, including,
- Passport (Proof of citizenship )
- Tertiary degree certificates of Bachelor’s and Master’s (if applicable) degrees
- Academic transcript of Bachelor’s and Master’s (if applicable) degrees
- Curriculum Vitae
- Master’s by coursework applicants, two reports – one academic – one professional
- Master’s by research applicants, three reports – two academic – one professional
- For applicants from the Government of Bangladesh, proof of cadre service
- Additional requirements for Master’s by research applicants: Research proposal (use prescribed template on Australia Awards – Bangladesh website) Evidence of written (email or letter) in-principle support from a potential supervisor.
- All applicants must meet minimum eligibility requirements.
- An applicant must be able to satisfy all requirements of the Department of Home Affairs to hold a Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade supported student visa must have achieved an IELTS (Academic) score of 6.5 or higher (with no individual band score of less than 6.0) or an equivalent TOEFL or PTE score.
Benefits of Australian Awards
- Scholarship recipients will receive the following benefits:
- Return air travel
- a one-off establishment allowance on arrival
- Total tuition fees • contribution to living expenses
- Introductory academic program
- Overseas student health cover for the duration of the scholarship
- Supplementary academic support
- Fieldwork allowance for research students and Master’s by coursework has a compulsory fieldwork component.