The Australian Government is inviting applicants to apply for the Australia Pacific Awards Scholarships to study in Australia. The scholarship is available for the academic year 2022-2023
The purpose of the Australia Awards Pacific Scholarships is to give people the opportunity to gain and build the knowledge and skills to drive positive change and influence their home country’s development.
Requirements Criteria for Scholarship:
To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Australia Awards Pacific Scholarships are currently offered at Pacific tertiary institutions in Papua New Guinea, Vanuatu, Fiji, Samoa, and Wallis and Futuna.
- Must be a citizen of and a resident in the Australia Awards Pacific Scholarships participating country
- Meet specific eligibility criteria imposed by the Government of the applicant’s country of citizenship
- Satisfy the host government’s immigration requirements for regional students
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age on January 1st of the year they are commencing the scholarship.
How to Apply for Scholarship:
- The students are required to comply with the relevant Country or Regional Profile before submitting their admission online applications via OASIS at the university.
- Applicants will need to supply several documents to support their scholarship application, including,
- A certified copy of the original formal degree graduation certificate
- A certified translation copy of the transcript
- A certified copy of a citizenship document
- A certified copy of the original birth certificate
- Referee reports
- Students must have a previous degree certificate with relevant marks.
- An applicant or awardee will meet DFAT’s English language requirements.
Australian Awards Pacific Scholarships Benefits
Winners will receive a return airfare from your home country to the country of study, academic, and other compulsory fees, an establishment allowance, and a living allowance paid fortnightly.