Reporters Without Borders, also known as Reporter Ohne Grenzen, is providing a unique opportunity for dedicated journalists. The organization is inviting highly motivated candidates to apply for the RSF Reporting International Fellowships. This program offers a safe space for selected candidates to work on and complete a journalistic project. The fellowship is open to two journalists who have faced threats and endangerment due to their work. These selected journalists will be invited to Berlin for a six-month program. The RSF Reporting Fellowships are designed for journalists from countries with restricted freedom of the press and information who wish to contribute to a journalistic project.
Why You Should Join the RSF Reporting International Fellowships
Joining the program at Reporters Without Borders (Reporter Ohne Grenzen) offers a unique opportunity to contribute to the vital cause of defending press and information freedom worldwide. As a part of this organization, you can actively document violations, raise public awareness, and advocate for the rights of journalists in peril. By joining, you become a crucial advocate for the fundamental principles of free and open information, making a real impact in safeguarding these essential freedoms globally.
- University or Organization: Reporters Without Borders (Reporter ohne Grenzen)
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Research
- Application Deadline: November 19th, 2023
- Award: Varies
- Number of Awards: Two
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- Award Location: Germany
The RSF Reporting International Fellowships are open to candidates from all around the world. To be eligible, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- The applicants must have adequate experience working as a journalist, be it as a professional journalist or a citizen journalist.
How to Apply for RSF Reporting International Fellowships
Interested candidates are required to apply online. The application process includes submitting the following documents:
- A scan of your current passport (valid for another 12 months, or independently renewable).
- Your curriculum vitae is in tabular form (CV).
- A letter of motivation (1-2 pages) in which you explain why you are applying for the research fellowship. Please address what specific factors threaten or complicate your personal work situation. Please write how you plan to use your stay in Berlin and how it will positively impact your future work in your home country.
- Detailed project outline (1-2 pages). Please address the following questions:
- What topic would you like to work on and why?
- How would you like to accomplish your chosen project?
- What medium (e.g. photography, video, reportage, print, podcast, data journalism) would you like to use to publish the project and why?
- Why are you concerned with the topic, and what is the relevance of the project at this moment?
- Who is your intended audience, and why?
- What is the current status of your project (schedule, milestones)?
- Do you have a distribution plan or specific commitments from publishers?
- How would you like to use the six months in Berlin specifically for your project?
The program is open to professional journalists, bloggers, media professionals, and citizen journalists. A strong command of the English language is required, as the entire scholarship program will be conducted in English.
Benefits of the RSF Reporting International Fellowships
The journalists selected as winners of the scholarship program by Reporters Without Borders will receive a comprehensive package, including:
- Visa and travel costs
- Furnished apartment in Berlin
- Travel health insurance for the six months spent in Berlin
- A monthly grant of 1000€
- Psychological support
- Workshops (e.g. on digital safety training, and stress management)
- Professional journalistic and/or personal training opportunities
If you are a journalist passionate about defending press and information freedom, this is a unique opportunity to make a significant impact. Apply now for the RSF Reporting International Fellowships by Reporters Without Borders.
For more information about RSF Reporting International Fellowships and to apply, visit the official website of Reporters Without Borders.