Embark on a transformative academic journey with the Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Program, supported by the Department of Further and Higher Education, Research, Innovation and Science, and managed by the Council. This initiative offers a unique platform for groundbreaking research and innovation. Discover how this program can propel you toward academic excellence.
The Irish government is very generous in their support of international students seeking to pursue a Master’s or PhD degree, as they fully fund these programs in any subject at their universities. This means that students from all over the world have the opportunity to receive a world-class education without the burden of financial stress. Additionally, this funding allows for a diverse range of perspectives and experiences to be brought to the universities, enriching the educational experience for all students. Overall, the Irish government’s commitment to investing in the education of international students is commendable and greatly appreciated.
Unveiling the Program:
The Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Program is an innovative program within the Irish research landscape, with distinct features that set it apart from others.
- Individual Prestige: Each scholarship is a testament to the applicant’s excellence, carrying their name and representing outstanding research.
- Rigorous Selection Process: The program employs an unbiased selection process, involving international experts who provide impartial peer review.
- Cross-Disciplinary Support: From archaeology to zoology, this program funds research across diverse disciplines, fostering a culture of holistic knowledge.
- Innovation at Heart: The program welcomes innovative, pioneering proposals that explore emerging fields of research or introduce creative methodologies.
Unveiling the Scholarship Paths:
The Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Program offers four different scholarship options to suit a range of research interests:
- Partial/Semester Studies (3-10 months): Explore focused studies in diverse fields, enriching your understanding and expertise.
- Full Bachelor/Master/Doctoral Program (36/24/36 months respectively): Immerse yourself in a comprehensive academic experience, pursuing your degree with excellence.
- Short or Long-Term Study Visits (min. 3 days – max. 10 months): Engage in impactful research visits, contributing to new dimensions of knowledge.
- Summer Courses (2-4 weeks): Seize the opportunity for intensive learning during the summer months, enhancing your expertise.
Rewarding Scholarship Benefits:
Those who receive the scholarship will benefit from a complete package that encompasses:
- An annual stipend of €19,000
- Contribution to fees, including non-EU fees, up to €5,750 per annum
- Eligible direct research expenses of €3,250 per annum
Application Process and Key Dates:
The first step to securing the Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship is understanding its eligibility criteria and key dates.
- Call Opens: August 31, 2023
- FAQ Deadline: October 5, 2023
- Applicant Deadline: October 12, 2023
- Supervisor/Mentor Deadline: October 19, 2023
- Research Office Endorsement Deadline: October 26, 2023
- Call Outcome: April 2024
- Award Start Date: September 1, 2024
To determine eligibility, carefully review the call documentation. Citizens of certain countries are eligible to apply. Potential applicants should confirm eligibility before proceeding. For any queries, institutions should reach out to email@example.com.
Join the Prestigious Cohort:
As a recipient of the Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship, you will be recognized as a future research leader with the potential to drive innovation and positive change. Join a community of scholars committed to advancing knowledge and propelling Ireland’s research ecosystem into a new era.
The Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Program offers exceptional opportunities for scholars to pursue groundbreaking, cross-disciplinary research and become part of a distinguished community of research leaders, reflecting Ireland’s dedication to research excellence and innovation. Apply today to start your journey toward academic brilliance!
Eligibility Criteria for the Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Program
The Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Program welcomes ambitious individuals who aspire to make a significant impact in the realm of research and innovation. To ensure that you’re eligible for this prestigious program, we’ve outlined the key criteria that you should consider before applying:
The program is open to citizens of specific countries that have a valid educational work plan or a bilateral agreement signed by the Hungarian Government or the Ministry of Human Capacities. Citizens from the following nations are eligible to apply:
- Czech Republic
- The Netherlands
- People’s Republic of China
- Republic of Korea
- United Kingdom
- United States of America
Research Excellence: The Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Program seeks individuals who display a commitment to excellence in research. Applicants should demonstrate their potential to contribute innovative ideas, advance understanding, and generate new knowledge within their chosen field.
Interdisciplinary Exploration: The program encourages proposals that explore interdisciplinary approaches, acknowledging the value of integrating information, techniques, tools, and perspectives from multiple disciplines. If your research combines insights from different areas, your proposal will be especially welcomed.
Program-Specific Eligibility: While the program accepts applications across various scholarship paths, each with unique durations and objectives, candidates should ensure their proposed research aligns with the scholarship path they’re applying for. Make sure to review the specific requirements for the desired scholarship path before submitting your application.
Exclusions: The following individuals are not eligible for the Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Program:
- Foreign citizens with an immigration/settlement permit or in the process of applying for such a permit in Hungary.
- Dual (Hungarian-Foreign) citizens.
- Foreign citizens with permanent residence in Hungary.
- Foreign citizens are employed as per the Hungarian Labour Law.
As you consider applying for the Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Program, ensure that you meet the eligibility criteria based on your citizenship and research proposal. This program aims to support research excellence and knowledge advancement, and your dedication to making a meaningful contribution to your field could mark the beginning of an extraordinary research journey.