The goal of the Engineering for Development (E4D) Programme is to promote research and education for the benefit of underprivileged people in low-income countries.
The E4D Programme is generously funded through the Sawiris Foundation for Social Developmentcall_made and the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation.call_made The current programme phase runs from 2019 to 2023.
Fully-funded E4D Doctoral Scholarships, Switzerland 2022-23 are available to undertake Research level programs at ETH Zurich.
Requirements Criteria for Scholarship:
- Existing contact with an ETH professor in the field of your study is highly recommended
- A high English proficiency level is necessary (the following certificates are accepted)
- Maximum age: 40 years
- Excellent MSc or MA degree with high academic performance is necessary
- ONLY contact an ETH professor with a concrete project idea
Please read the Eligibility Criteria and Application Requirements (PDF, 180 KB)vertical_align_bottom document.
How to Apply for Scholarship:
Application Documents for an E4D Doctoral scholarship concept note comprise:
- Project description (using this template (DOCX, 14 KB)vertical_align_bottom)
- CV of the candidate
- Excellent MSc or MA degree from a recognized university and grade transcripts
- Support letter of the supervising professor at ETH Zurich, clearly stating the financial contribution to the project
- 2 reference letters from your field of research
- Own publications or documentation of relevant activities relating to the project
- Names and contacts of 5 independent external reviewers
Please enter your information and upload all documents in the electronic form below.
The grant sum is 175’000 CHF to cover the salary costs of the doctoral students for three years.