Short Detail of Master’s or Research Degree Scholarships:Institute Name: DAAD Awards (at a German institution).
Country to Study in: Germany.
Courses Offered: Architecture.
Degree Level: Master and Research degree.
Students Nationality: International Students.
Scholarship Award: Monthly payment of 861 Euros, Travel allowance, One-off study allowance, Payments towards health, accident, and personal liability insurance cover (Fully Funded).
Last Date/Dead Line: September 30, 2022.
Description of Scholarship:
Master’s or Research Degree Scholarships announced by DAAD Awards (at a German institution) for International Students to study in Germany. The scholarship allows Master and Research degree level programm(s) in the field(s) of Architecture taught at DAAD Awards (at a German institution). The last date of applying for this scholarship is September 30, 2022 and scholarship provide Monthly payment of 861 Euros, Travel allowance, One-off study allowance, Payments towards health, accident, and personal liability insurance cover (Fully Funded) to successful candidates.
The DAAD Awards (at a German institution) provide a golden chance to International Students to complete their studies in the field(s) of Architecture at Germany on scholarship.
The German Academic Exchange Service, or DAAD (German: Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst), provides an opportunity for a scholarship to international students for master’s or research degrees at a German institution, according to DAAD Awards the German citizen/students are not eligible to apply for this scholarship. Students who are willing to avail this opportunity, must be enrolled in a research or master’s degree program at any German Institute. the unlimited number of scholarship awards are available and students can easily apply online for DAAD Scholarship Awards.
The DAAD Awards cover educational, everyday health care, and travel costs. It is an exceptionally cutthroat grant, and just the most remarkable competitors will be chosen for an honor. Competitors should likewise have amazing scholarly records and show monetary need. Inclination will be given to candidates focused on returning to their nations of origin after finishing their investigations.
Benefits of DAAD Awards
- Monthly payment of 861 Euros
- Travel allowance
- One-off study allowance
- Payments towards health, accident, and personal liability insurance cover
Under certain circumstances, scholarship holders may receive the following additional benefits:
- Monthly rent subsidy
- Monthly allowance for accompanying members of the family. Please also read our important information for scholarship applicants/section F, point 3.
- In the case of a disability or chronic illness: subsidy for additional costs which result from the disability or chronic illness and are not covered by other funding providers.
- Green Mobility Top Up (Support for climate-friendly travel) or partial reimbursement of carbon offset payments for air travel
To allow you to improve your language skills in preparation for your stay in Germany, the DAAD offers the following benefits:
- Payment of course fees for an online language course after receipt of the Award Letter
- if necessary: German language course (2, 4, or 6 months) before the start of the study visit in Germany; the DAAD decides whether to fund participation and for how long depending on German language skills and project. Participation in a German language course is compulsory if the language of instruction or working language is German at the German host institution. Due to the pandemic, German courses may take place online.
- Allowance for a personally chosen German language course during the scholarship period
- Reimbursement of the fee for a TestDaF or DSH test, which you can take either in your home country after you have received your Award Letter or in Germany during your funding period.
Please note that the DAAD does not cover tuition fees.
The scholarship program offers you the opportunity to continue your education in Germany with a postgraduate or continuing course of study in the field of Architecture. The grants also promote the exchange of experience and networking amongst colleagues, making it possible for you to gain valuable insights into the German architectural scene. By studying at a renowned institution, you will have the chance to develop your skills and knowledge, opening up new career prospects upon graduation.
Requirements Criteria for Scholarship:
To qualify for this application to study in Europe, Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Be an applicant of foreign nationality.
- Have gained a first university degree in the areas of Architecture, Interior Design, Monument Conservation, Urban Planning/Urban Development, Landscape Architecture, and Landscape Planning at the latest by the time they commence their scholarship-supported study program.
- As a rule, your university degree should not date back more than six years at the time of the application deadline.
- Your application cannot be considered if you have been resident in Germany for longer than 15 months at the deadline.
- If you are enrolled in a master’s or postgraduate degree program which includes a study period abroad, funding for this period abroad is usually only possible under the following conditions: The study visit is essential for the achievement of the scholarship objective, the visit does not take place in the home country, and it is no longer than a quarter of the scholarship period. More extended periods cannot be funded, even partially.
- Applicants in the field of architecture should have a knowledge of the language of instruction that corresponds to the requirements of the chosen university at the latest by the time they start their scholarship. If you do not yet have the language skills required by the university at the time of your application, your application should indicate the extent to which you are in a position to reach the required level. Please inquire at the universities that come into question for you whether the necessary language skills must already be proven with the application for admission to the desired degree program. If it is possible, you can also make use of the DAAD support offers listed under the section above to improve your language skills.
How to Apply for Scholarship:
To apply for the DAAD scholarship, you will need to submit the following documents:
- Online application form
- Full curriculum vitae in tabular form
- Statement about academic and personal reasons for the planned study project in Germany (letter of motivation; 1 – 3 pages)
Certificates (school leaving certificates are not necessary), proof of credits, certifications and translations may be scanned in non-certified form and uploaded to the DAAD portal. The DAAD reserves the right to request certified copies of the documents.